Minor Ailment Scheme / Pharmacy First

Can I still go to my GP?

Yes. You can always consult your GP if you do not want to use this service and if you are not satisfied with the advice you are given.

Can I still use other pharmacies?

Yes. You can still use other pharmacies to buy medicines or to get your prescriptions.

However, if you need to access the Pharmacy First Service and your regular pharmacy is closed or you are away from it, you can use another pharmacy in Leicester City that provides the Pharmacy First service. You will need to register to use Pharmacy First with the new pharmacy and you may be asked if you have used the service before.

What if I’m not happy with the Pharmacy First Service?

  • If you are not happy with the service you are given, speak to your community pharmacist.
  • If you are still not happy after you’ve done this, you can make a complaint. The leaflet ‘Making a complaint about the NHS’ explains how to do this. You can get the leaflet from most NHS services.

How to find out more?

For more information about anything in this leaflet, contact:

  • Your local community pharmacy
  • Your GP or another member of NHS staff involved in your care
  • Leicester City PCT